Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oracle Certified MySQL Certifications

I may no longer be in charge of MySQL Certification but it does not mean I am not looking out for those of us with those certs.  I am still moderating the MySQL Certified Professionals Group on LinkedIn and running the North Texas MySQL USers Group.  But I missed Oracle University re-branding the Sun certifications as Oracle certifications earlier this month.  This includes  the MySQL certifications that were re-branded as Sun. 

And for those wanting to take the certification exams, they retain the Prometric numbers set up by Sun.  But you will find them listed as:

310-810 - Oracle Certified MySQL 5.0 Database Administrator Part 1 
310-811 - Oracle Certified MySQL 5.0 Database Administrator Part 2 
310-812 - Oracle Certified MySQL 5.0 Developer Part 1
310-813 - Oracle Certified MySQL 5.0 Developer Part 2
310-815 - Oracle Certified MySQL 5.1 Cluster Database Administrator
310-814 - Oracle Certified MySQL Associate

3 comments:

Felix said...

Thanks for the tip.

sAm said...

Can you tell me what is the minor version the exam will be based upon.

I know Dev and DBA exams are based on 5.0, but what is the minor version number? is it 5.0.0 or 5.0.2 or 5.0.51.

I am asking, because there are some differences in each.

Please help me.

Dave Stokes said...

sAm -- there are no question so picky that 5.0.0 or 5.0,x will make a difference.