Thursday, January 14, 2010

Publishing your MySQL Certs from the Sun Certification system

I received a question from my last entry on how to let others see your MySQL Certifications. In the past, the MySQL site had a list of those with the various certifications. Sun's certification system is different.

  1. Go to the Sun Certification Database

  2. Enter your ID and password. The format for the ID is usually SUNnnnnnnn but it may be different. There is a First Time Users link and a link to get your ID and password (you do remember the email you used when you took that MySQL, don't you?). And if you get stuck, contact Certificiation@SUN.Com

  3. On the left hand menu, under Certifications will be a link for Publish Credentials.

  4. Here you provide an email address for where you want your certifications sent. You can also select which certification you want to share.

  5. You will get a chance to preview of what will be sent. The Void -- Sample Only Water mark will not be on the sent message.


So what will the recipient receive? They will receive an email from The Sun Credential Verification System with a link and a authorization code to view your credentials.

5 comments:

Sheeri K. Cabral said...

I do not have problems remembering the e-mail address I got MySQL 4.0 Core certified with.

However, the "First time users" link doesn't ask for an e-mail address.

It asks for my name, the date of the test (month/day/year, and all I remember is 2004), the site number of the test, and the registration number.

I'm resourceful enough to look up my certificate this weekend at home....but you're going to really alienate a lot of people.

At least the 5.0 certification verification at http://www.mysql.com/training/certification/results/index.php still works! Having this functionality is great, it means I can provide an *easy* way for people to validate my certification (on a resume, or in my case, on a website -- http://sheeri.com/testimonials ).

You really shouldn't make it so difficult -- if I were looking for a job, I wouldn't want to have to go through that process to send an e-mail to the folks who might request it in the hiring process. It's easier for me to just make a photocopy (or scan to the website!) of the certificate I got.

Fernando said...

Hello,

The email you gave us is not working

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: @sunmail2sca.sfbay.sun.com:Certificiation@sun.com
Original address: Certificiation@SUN.Com
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <@sunmail2sca.sfbay.sun.com:Certificiation@sun.com>... User unknown
Remote system: dns;sunmail6brm.central.sun.com (TCP|129.145.155.6|38740|129.147.4.169|25)


And I don't have all the details to fill the first time users, though I have my CandidateID.

Any other solutions?

Dave Stokes said...

Whoops! It should be Certification@SUN.COM

Unknown said...

http://www.mysql.com/training/certification/results/index.php is not working for me... blank screen after entering id and password... any idea?

Dave Stokes said...

Oracle has been changing the website since before my departure. You may want to email Certification@SUN.com and ask for help.