The Mandatory Tasks
- Account maintenance
- Add, delete and modify accounts using the mysql database.
- Assign privileges for a user on a table and column basis.
- Reset passwords
- Locate 'anonymous' accounts (where password AND user are both = '')
- Add, modify, and delete indexes.
- Check MyIsam tables for problems and fix them.
- Know how to restore an InnoDB table from a backup.
- Use the binary log to recover lost data
- Be able to backup up entire databases or explicit tables.
- Know options for separating data and SQL.
- Be able to use options to drop tables, drop databases, save stored routines or triggers, and save files to specific locations.
This new exam is very straight forward but requires the candidate to demonstrate their skill. Next posting will cover the option section.